Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Emergent Reader FREEBIE!

I love making printable books for my early readers!  I am working on a Fairy Tale unit to implement after the holidays.  So here is a preview of a few Emergent readers I've created for Goldilocks and The Three Bears.

Students in my classes each have a Zip lock bag of leveled readers that they can read independently.  I only include photocopied books in these particular bags. Here's why:  After we have plenty of time reading and rereading these texts, the bags are sent home with a letter to parents which includes information on how to support their young readers. (there are many other leveled books in the room for reading, but that is for another day..).

I usually give the first bag to parents at our November Parent-Teacher conference. Parents are very excited to see how much their Kinders have grown in such a short time!  They love to hear them actually reading!

There are 4 versions of this Emergent Reader for you!

Each book focuses on different sight words and is best suited for a different readiness level.

book 1 - The
book 2 - I, see, three
book 3 - Here, is, are
book 4 - She, likes, this, sees, these

Click   Below   for   Printable   Books:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!
~Holly
 
All clip art graphics are licensed by Srappin Doodles 82911.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a great freebie! Can't wait for your Fairy Tale unit!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...